PRESS COVID-19 Policies
We are committed to the highest level of safety for our staff and clients. Our new COVID-19 safety policies and sanitation procedures are based on the most current CDC and New York State guidelines to bring you services that are even safer and, therefore, truly relaxing.
COVID-19 Safety Policies & Guidelines:
- All PRESS staff have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- As of January 1, 2022, all clients are required to provide proof of **full COVID-19 vaccination as well as identification.
- Reschedule your appointment if you are feeling ill or have been exposed to COVID-19. Thank you for helping us keep our community as safe as possible. Your safety is always our first priority.
- Masks are required at all times. Clients and employees are required to wear a mask in the studio at all times, including during the treatment (regardless of vaccination status). Face massages are not currently offered.
- Please wait outside before your appointment. We’ve closed our common areas, including the waiting room, to reduce in-studio traffic. Your therapist will be available to buzz you in 5 minutes before your session.
- Enhanced sanitary measures include sanitizing stations in the treatment room and lobby area with at least 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer. We’ve kept our studio squeaky clean while you were away and will continue to do so with increased regular studio sanitation schedules. We are using EPA-approved disinfectants and paying extra attention to high-touch surfaces. This includes enhanced cleaning in between sessions and routine deep cleaning.
- Giving treatment rooms space to breathe. Studio capacity is reduced by at least 75% and in-studio air purifiers with HEPA filters have been installed. Additionally, treatment rooms are giving 30 minutes between clients for cleaning and disinfection.
- Touchless payment. Payment is taken at the time of booking online or over the phone to streamline and simplify your visit. Gratuities are now accepted via credit card or cash. While our studios have an ATM, unfortunately, we cannot exchange bills for gratuities at this time.
- Employees are monitoring their health. All staff members are either vaccinated for COVID-19 or are required to receive a COVID-19 test bi-weekly. Therapists are equipped with personal protective equipment (PPE), cleaning, and disinfectant tools. Our staff has been instructed to check their temperature prior to working and stay at home if they feel sick or have been exposed to COVID-19.
Someone has been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if they are:
- 2 weeks (14 days) after a dose of an accepted single-dose vaccine (Janssen/J&J)
- 2 weeks (14 days) after your second dose of an accepted 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna)
- 2 weeks (14 days) after you received the full series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine (not placebo) in a clinical trial (ex. AstraZeneca, Covaxin, Covishield, BIBP/Sinopharm, Sinovac,Novavax/Covovax)
- 2 weeks (14 days) after you received 2 doses of any “mix-and-match” combination of accepted COVID-19 vaccines administered at least 17 days apart*
Client proof of vaccination can be shown with:
- A valid vaccination card with dates of vaccination and first and last name of client
- A valid photo of vaccination card with dates of vaccination and first and last name of client
- A valid NYS Excelsior Pass (not expired) with proof of vaccination, first and last name
- *In addition to proof of vaccination, client must show a valid license or ID that matches the first and last name on proof of vaccination*
Are all of your LMTs fully vaccinated?
Yes. Our entire team is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We are in full compliance of the NYC mandate.
What measures are employees taking to reduce the risk of virus exposure?
Employees are required to be vaccinated, wear face masks at all times while working. Employees have also been instructed to check for symptoms prior to working and to stay home from the studio if they’re feeling ill or have knowingly been exposed to COVID-19. Due to the nature of the profession, our massage therapists always maintain the highest level of cleanliness and personal sanitation. Our front desk staff also follows the same protocol.
How can I prepare for my massage?
Thank you for asking! Similar to our employee protocol, all clients must be vaccinated, wear face masks in our studio and to reschedule their appointments if they’re feeling ill or have knowingly been exposed to COVID-19.
What additional CDC guidelines are you implementing in your studios?
We’ve staggered our client scheduling to minimize traffic in the studio. We’ve also installed in-room “Mighty Conway” air purifiers with HEPA filters, ranked as the “Best Air Purifier for 2020” by the New York Times. In addition, we leave 30 minutes between each session to complete a thorough deep clean of the treatment room with EPA approved disinfectant. The reception area is disinfected regularly.