PRESS Massage's COVID-19 safety policies and sanitation procedures are based on the most current CDC recommendations and local, state, and federal guidelines.
Here's what you can expect:
COVID-19 Safety Policies & Guidelines:
- Reschedule your appointment if you are feeling ill or have been exposed to COVID-19. Please delay your massage if you've visited a state on the New York State COVID-19 Travel Advisory in the last 14 days. Thank you for helping us keep our community as safe as possible. Your safety is always our first priority.
- Masks are required at all times. Clients and employees are required to wear a mask in the studio at all times, including during the treatment. Please arrive wearing a face covering or one can be provided. Face massages are not currently offered.
- Please wait outside before your appointment. Our waiting area is temporarily closed to reduce in-studio traffic. Your therapist will be available to buzz you in 5 minutes before your session.
- Enhanced sanitary measures include sanitizing stations in the treatment room and lobby area with at least 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer. We’ve kept our studio squeaky clean while you were away and will continue to do so with increased regular studio sanitation schedules. We are using EPA-approved disinfectants and paying extra attention to high-touch surfaces. This includes enhanced cleaning in between sessions and routine deep cleaning.
- Massage therapists wear personal protective equipment (PPE). Therapists change clothes upon arrival and wear a mask, face shield or goggles, and an apron that is changed for each session.
- Giving treatment rooms space to breathe. Studio capacity is reduced by at least 50% and Mighty Conway air purifiers with HEPA filters are in each room. Massage therapists disinfect rooms in between each client and appointments are staggered to reduce studio capacity.
- Touchless payment. Payment is taken at the time of booking online or over the phone to streamline and simplify your visit. Gratuities are now accepted via credit card or cash. While our studios have an ATM, unfortunately, we cannot exchange bills for gratuities at this time.
- Employees are monitoring their health. Therapists are equipped with PPE, cleaning, and disinfectant tools. All staff is required to check their temperature prior to working and stay at home if they feel sick or have been exposed to COVID-19.
The PRESS Safety Standard
What measures are employees taking to reduce the risk of virus exposure?
Employees are required to wear face masks at all times while working. Employees have also been instructed to take their temperature prior to working and to stay home from the studio if they’re feeling ill or have knowingly been exposed to COVID-19. Due to the nature of the profession, our massage therapists always maintain the highest level of cleanliness and personal sanitation. Our front desk staff is also working remotely to reduce studio capacity.
How can I prepare for my massage?
Good question! Similar to our employee protocol, all clients must wear face masks in our studio, to reschedule their appointments if they’re feeling ill or have knowingly been exposed to COVID-19, to confirm their temperature prior to their session, and to please shower before arriving for their appointment. Additionally, please bring your own water bottle to stay hydrated.
What additional CDC guidelines are you implementing in your studios?
We’re staggering our client scheduling and request clients to wait outside for their appointments to avoid traffic in the waiting area. Therapists will be available to buzz you in 5 minutes prior to your appointment. We’ve also installed in-room “Mighty Conway” air purifiers with HEPA filters, which is ranked as the “Best Air Purifier for 2020” by the New York Times.