Carpal tunnel syndrome is a painful condition caused by compression of the median nerve in the wrist.
Common symptoms include numbness, tingling, and pain in the hand, arm, and shoulder. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to prevent carpal tunnel syndrome.
1. Take frequent breaks: If you work at a computer or do repetitive tasks with your hands, be sure to take frequent breaks. This will help reduce the stress on your wrists. Try to take a break at least every hour, and take time to stretch your arms, hands, and wrists.
2. Use ergonomic tools: Using ergonomic tools and equipment can reduce the strain on your wrists and hands. This includes using an ergonomic mouse, keyboard, and wrist rest.
3. Modify your workspace: Make sure your workspace is properly set up to reduce the strain on your wrists. This includes positioning your keyboard and mouse at the proper height and distance.
4. Strengthen your wrists: Doing exercises to strengthen your wrists can help reduce the risk of carpal tunnel syndrome. Some exercises you can do include wrist curls, wrist extensions, and finger stretches.
5. Wear a splint: Wearing a splint at night can help reduce the pressure on your median nerve and reduce the risk of carpal tunnel syndrome.
Following these steps can help reduce your risk of carpal tunnel syndrome. If you experience any symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome, be sure to speak to your doctor.
If you’re ready to feel so much better, why not check out our services at PRESS today? At PRESS, we apply the pressure you want, exactly where you need it. As an example of what to expect, take a look at our Prep For Your PRESS resource to learn all about what you expect before your next massage.